Sunday, March 27, 2011

Wedding Flowers

I took the opportunity with our wedding flowers to put in a DIY touch. It was a pretty big risk, but I think paid off in the end. I made all of the flower bouquets and boutonnieres/corsages for our wedding, including my own bouquet. I hadn't seem them done very often, but enough to get some ideas... and it seemed like a unique way to bring it some of my own creativity into the style of our wedding. I used several different types of fabric in ivory, white, and gold mixed with vintage brooches that I collected for about a year. I'm love how they turned out and meshed perfectly with the style of our wedding. I made each of the girl's bouquets a little different with a slight different mic of flowers and especially different brooches for each so they were semi-personalized. And, the best part... I have my bouquet as a piece of decoration in my home office now on display and all my girls got to keep theirs! Sometimes taking a design risk, yields a big reward!

 
Start of the fabric flowers
Original trial run of the flowers with the brooches for the center, loved them!! Project is a go!
                
A finished flower for a corsage, I believe this was my moms

We had two ring bearers, my two little cousins Jack and Adam, and these were the pillows that I made for them to carry (side note: I look lovelyyyyy in this picture)

My bouquet starting to come together

The final product, my bouquet

This was one of the brooches on my MOH's, Crystal, bouquet

One of my bridesmaid's


Another bridesmaid

My favorite (and most expensive!!) brooch on my bouquet

Detail on the handle

Key to my heart...

One of my lovely bridesmaid's holding their bouquet (Lauren, I think!)

Boutonnieres

Flower girl pomander, and an extra pomander for a toss bouquet later

My bouquet with a few of the bridesmaid's


Me holding it, you can tell how big it was!

And, finally me posing with the beautiful bouquet





1 comment:

  1. Awesomeness, they were/are beautiful. Love looking into the making and all the thought and talent bringing things together.

    ReplyDelete