Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Dress!


The story of my wedding dress is a pretty simple one, and one of my favorite details of our wedding! I started looking online at dresses... I have very particular taste so I thought finding a dress would be less than desirable. Well, I found a picture of my dress on a model for the designer Jason Alexander... I probably sent the picture to everyone because I said "this is MY DRESS". I then tried to track down the dress and finally at a bridal boutique "Something Blue" in Dr Phillips, they said they could get a sample of the dress in from NYC from the model rack for $50. So I waited about a month and the sample dress came in and me, Crystal and my mom went in and although it was a little snug (and by a little I mean I was lucky to get it on, the corset back was opennn), it was absolutely gorgeous and was my dress. I got measurements, etc. and we ordered it, and that was my wedding dress. It's inspired by the Vivienne Westwood dress Carrie wore in the Sex and the City movie.

The original picture where I first saw my dress!



Something Blue bridal boutique... the letter I received telling me my dress was in!


Detail on the bust

First time seeing the dress, beautiful!

First fitting! It fits, and I love it!



Hair piece

Necklace I wore with the dress
A picture my friend Crystal sent me when she was shopping in Charleston and saw my dress in a window!! Couldn't believe it, but so glad I saved this pic!

French bustle

Posing at the final fitting
Final fitting

My mom putting it in the car to take to her house... about a week before the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment