Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cruising towards the beginning of our 3rd year of marriage...



...and we couldn't be more excited!! We leave on February 11th, the day before our anniversary. So we will be aboard the Liberty of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) and be at sea on the day of our anniversary... I see a trip to the spa, champagne and a romantic dinner in our future for that day... trying to decide if I should bring our wedding champagne flutes on board to use at our anniversary dinner? Probably will, haha! Valentine's Day is 2 days after our anniversary so we'll be on our trip then too, and I've always loved that so far for our honeymoon and 1 year anniversary! It's like 2 celebrations in one trip (and that also means double the presents!! hahaha).

This will be our first cruise together... Aaron's first cruise ever, and mine in 10 years (and the only other cruises I had been on were with my family on Carnival for 3 days, so never aboard a Royal Caribbean and for about a week). We will be visiting Labadee, Haiti and Jamaica! We've looked up pictures and Labadee is absolutely gorgeous and looks like a great place to relax and enjoy the beach, and for Jamaica we plan to go to the waterfalls and ride horses in the Caribbean! Riding horses was a must for Aaron, he's obsessed... me, not so much.... but, I'm allowing it because we rode horses in Georgia for our 1 year anniversary through the country and I think it'll be cool to do it again exactly one year later, but this time in the Caribbean! I'll try anything once I guess, so let's hope riding them in the beautiful, blue ocean waters is a different and better experience than riding through the wilderness, ha!

The only stresses about the trip: we have to drive to Ft. Lauderdale to sail out of there, so that's a bit of a drive, but we'll break it up and stay in Orlando probably, but I am excited to see Ft. Laudy a little because I've really only been there mayyyybe once, Aaron's been a bunch though. Also, being disconnected from the world with really little phone/internet for a week will be super weird, but probably good! And, mainly, of course we'll miss our little baby, Sugarbear!! I don't know how I will ever stand being away from my kids one day if I'm this worried about our little puppy!

With all that being said, we can't wait!!! And, I will definitely be doing a post when we get back with a whole bunch of pictures!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you and Bear....Papa and I made this trip years ago and have many wonderful memories and pictures to enhance those memories.
    Yes, you will love Haiti and the beach @ Labadee (we'll have to compare our photos).
    Have a cup of "Jablum" Jamaica's Blue Mountain coffee (my personal fav).
    Royal Caribbean is the very best; you and Bear will be in Honeymoon Heaven.
    Unbounded blessings,
    deaconnannie

    ReplyDelete